Thursday, March 8, 2012

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE
I am going there today...


Thur, Mar 8
     Last night we planned a spur of the moment trip to the Mount Timpanogas Temple.  Cindy and I picked up Jodi, Courtney, and Nolan on our way down to American Fork.  We stopped at Grandma's to see if she felt up to it.  She has lost 6 lbs. in just 1 week and the pain has spread into her other leg but she was determined to go with us.
     It was evident that the pain in her back and legs was bothering her so Cindy suggested she take some Tylenol.  "Oh, I never thought of that," she said.  We were able to find a small bottle of Tylenol that was 2 years out of date.  (We were probably lucky to find that.)   Later at the temple she said, "That stuff really works!"
     
We enjoyed a very peaceful, beautiful day at the temple.


     Thanks Courtney for your wonderful idea of going to the temple!   
It was just what we needed...especially Grandma.   

     Back at her house she showed us all the cards and letters she has received from family and friends.  She just can't get over the overwhelming love and support from everyone.  

     There were also several phone messages when we got back from the temple.  She was so tickled to hear from Aunt Lorraine (my dad's sister).  And she was especially pleased to find out that her Stake President's wife had shared her poem, "I'm Going to War" in an institute class she teaches.  Afterwards several of the students asked for a copy of it.  Grandma just couldn't believe it...she really has no idea how awesome she is!

     A few days ago I took Grandma some cinnamon rolls and she called later to tell me that if anyone brings her goodies she is gonna eat them.  "I'm sick and tired of feeding these tumors all that healthy food...it will probably just make them grow faster."

Not only is our Grandma taking Tylenol, but she is eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast!!!  What is this world coming to?  All I can say is WAY TO GO GRANDMA!!!!!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING!!  Grandma loves and appreciates you all so much!

P.S.  I have to apologize to Bob.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way.  I had his birthday blog all ready to post this morning and somehow it disappeared and I can't find it anywhere.   Sorry:(   


     




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to go! I wish I could have been there :( I remember when Courtney loved to sing "I love to see the temple". I love you ALL! What an incredible grandma we have been blessed with!!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete