Thursday, April 26, 2012

   "THE LORD WAKES ME UP EVERY NIGHT TO VISIT...
IT IS A MOST SPECIAL AND BEAUTIFUL TIME!"--GRANDMA


Wed, Apr 25
     For those of you who have read Tuesday's With Morrie by Mitch Albom, Cindy and I have what we call our WEDNESDAY'S WITH MOM!  We are definitely "Wednesday People."  My very favorite day of the week!

     Each Wednesday we go to Grandma's and meet with the Hospice nurse.   Afterwards, Grandma usually has a very special day planned for the three of us.  Last Wednesday we went to the Temple and of course we had a beautiful experience.  This Wednesday Grandma wanted to go to the mall and buy a new dress for Mother's Day.  Shelby works at the mall and was able to meet us for lunch.


     Every moment we spend with Grandma we are strengthened by her courage and taught such beautiful truths through her example and words.

     Grandma wants each of you to know how important your prayers have been.  She knows they are being answered and she has been blessed greatly through them.  While the cancer continues to weaken her body...your prayers strengthen her and erase any pain and discomfort.
     
     Several weeks ago the Hospice nurse left Grandma a book on life after death experiences.  When Grandma returned it, the nurse asked her what she thought of it.  Grandma told her she wasn't interested in other people's experiences, "I'm writing my own story!" she replied.  "I am interested in my Father in Heaven and the Savior's words to help me on my journey to the next life."

     Later the nurse asked Grandma if she was sleeping well.  Grandma replied, "The Lord wakes me up every night to visit.  It is a most beautiful and special time."  Here are a couple of the visits she has recounted in her journal that she said I could share with you:

 Grandma's Journal entry dated April 24, 2012
As I sit here early this morning I was reflecting on my nights and how each night I sleep for around 4 hours and then I wake up from a deep sleep and reflect on my spiritual time with my Father in Heaven and also on my family. 

I wonder at the mercies of God as to why He has given me this great blessing of preparing me to be more worthy to be welcomed home.  Not many people I know have been given such a blessing.  

I've been given angels to help me.  I want to be worthy of this blessing and the angels are helping me and leading the way.  

I've been given the blessing to know God and my Savior in a beautiful way.  This is the one instance when I do ask "Why Me?"  

I am not perfect.  I have my personality problems and need a lot of help from good faithful teachers.  "Why Me?"  

But the important thing is "What...What do I need to do?"  I need to be grateful, do better, love more and teach others.   What an incredible journey I am on!


How could you ever appreciate
The warmth and light of heaven,
If you never experienced the
Cold and darkness of Earth life?


We could not have walked the
Dusty roads of Earth life,
Without the sweetness of the Holy Ghost.
With His hands in ours we are shown the way.


Hold on tight, there are hills to climb,
And the rocky valleys to walk.
There is sweetness and sadness to
Teach us lessons we must learn.


To return with honor we do what has been taught.
Hold on to these truths.
The journey is so very short,
Compared with the eternal blessing that is promised there.
(From Grandma's journal dated Monday, April 9, 2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment