Thursday, May 17, 2012

 ANGELS AMONG US!
Candy Kinser



Brenda Blackwell
Wed, May 16
     Every Wednesday morning we have the privilege of being graced with the tender mercy and compassion of Grandma's Hospice Nurses Candy and Brenda.
     Each week they come to Grandma's house bringing a ray of hope and sunshine.  We look forward to their visits.  I wish each of you could witness the love they feel for our Grandma and the gentle way they care for her.
     Actually, I think they enjoy visiting with Grandma as much as we enjoy their friendship.  I have jotted a few remarks made during our visits.  (I have a feeling that Grandma is not their typical patient.)

BRENDA:  "How are you feeling."
GRANDMA:  "I can't complain.  This diagnosis of cancer has taken the worry out of life.                      
                        I don't have to be afraid anymore of doing something that might cause cancer."

CANDY:  "I come here to serve and leave feeling edified." 

CANDY:  "Everything surrounding you is beautiful...your home, your daughters." 

GRANDMA:  "I know where I am headed.  I just want to get there the best way I can." 
CANDY:  "You have the most healthy attitude I have ever seen." 

BRENDA:  "Sorry I brought you bad news." (After reading Grandma's blood pressure.) 
GRANDMA:  "What's bad news?" 

CANDY:  "You are our athlete!  Your body fights this cancer like an athlete."  


CANDY:  "You are my hero!  One day it is going to be my turn and you are teaching me."  

CANDY:  "Is the swelling in your legs bothering you?"
GRANDMA:  "Nope, I just wear longer skirts."  

Lisa Melton sent Grandma a card that said this:  
"God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.  
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!"

     I am truly grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for sending Grandma these two beautiful angels to help us through this journey...

                                 When it comes to death and dying                                 
There's a special gift you share
One that Angels all admire
One that goes beyond just care

It's a gift of deep commitment
One that eases pain and fear
And alleviates the sorrow
When the hour of death is near

Yet this gift is more than comfort
More than nursing at its best
For it cradles every patient
Right up till their last request

In this gift you give compassion
Wrapped in dignity and love
And in honor of your calling
There's a tribute found above

As a tribute to your Nursing
All the care that you bestow
High above this earthly planet
Hangs a Hospice Nurse Rainbow

And this rainbow graces Heaven
A reminder of your goals
"End-of-life-care" you excel at
It's your gift to human souls

To the soul of every patient
Every brother, Mom and Dad
Every household member present
Every heart that's feeling sad

To alleviate this sadness
That engulfs a grieving heart
Counseling and intervention
Set your Nursing skills apart

So within the skies of Heaven
Bows of silver dangle high
On a rainbow made of glory
That makes every Angel sigh

And upon each bow of silver
There appears a nurse's name
As an everlasting tribute
For the Heavens to proclaim.


P.S.  We finally found a place to use Grandma's handicap parking permit.  Either the parking spots are a mile away from where we want to go or they are all taken.  Turns out the movie theater in the middle of the day is a great place to park!!!

The movie was enjoyable too, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment