Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"The Future is as Bright as Your FAITH."
--Pres. Thomas S. Monson
I don't know about the rest of you, but I miss Grandma!  
I miss her a lot! 
     There are many things I miss about Grandma, but one of the things I miss most is her love of the scriptures.  I never talked to her that she didn't share with me something she had read or learned in the scriptures.
     The other day while sorting through some of her papers I came across her original typed life history.  The last page contained her testimony that I had never seen or read before.  For some reason she hadn't included it in the history she gave us kids.  In it she shared her favorite scripture...

Dear family, stay close to the Lord and the Church.  There is going to be great tribulations and sin like the world has never seen.  Your only hope will be faith in God, yourselves and the Church.  My prayer is that there will never be an empty chair or broken link in our family.  Stay strong and endure to the end.

My favorite scripture:  2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.  Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father, Ye shall have eternal life."

There is one more I would like to leave with you.  That is Mosiah 4:14
"Ye will not suffer your children that they go hungry, or naked; neither will ye suffer that they transgress the laws of God and fight and quarrel one with another, and serve the devil who is the master of sin."

Children my closing request is this:  "Get along with each other, love one another and out of respect for me and your father don't let anything interfere with the love and closeness we have as a family."

Some day if I die before the end, you will see not one bird but two and you will know your father and me are there with you on this spring day.

I love you all!!

LouCille Turner Carlisle hamnett
Dated December 23, 1987

     
     I am certain I didn't come across this by accident.  Grandma meant for us to read this and to live by it!  In an effort to help each of us "press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope" I am going to do my best to continue posting "Tidbits From Grandma" on this blog to help us remember her and her wish for us to be an eternal family!  Remember...
WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment